As You Wished- Dan & Jessie's Baby Blog

Monday, May 15, 2006

Licensed to Wed

Artist's Impression of a Maine Marriage License. They like to make things look old in New England

We now have official permission (for $30) from the town of Rockland, Maine to get married in Bar Harbor, Maine under the auspices of the the Great State 'o Maine. Note to self: do not lose marriage license.

In other news, we ordered my wedding ring this weekend (not from the jewellers we first visited up the road in chi-chi Camden: I'm think we should donate at least part of the savings on their quoted price to the "No Dirty Gold" campaign); began the drawn-out process of assembling music for the reception; Jess picked up soft drinks for the bash; I confirmed arrival times with all of the British Overseas Contingent; Jess got some hair thingies; and we finished the pirate treasure hunt map.

I also gave my shoes their first of many polishes they will need until they reach the desired glossy shine. I must be careful not to make them too shiny however as otherwise my tender embarrassment up under the kilt will be plain for all to see in my toecaps.

Still to do:
Pay for and pick up beer and wine at Manos Market (Rt 1, Hancock, ME: stop in, its fantastic);
Assemble mix CDs of both mellow dining music and groovy cut-a-rug music;
Get a haircut;
Think about what we need to pack for the post wedding disappearance;
Arrange a video camera (tripod mounted or human operated?) so my grandparents and others stranded in the UK can see the ceremony at a later date;
And no doubt much more.

This has all been suspiciously easy, touch/knock on wood.

13 days to go.

5 Comments:

  • What, no webcast?

    By Blogger Joe, at 5:22 AM  

  • Don't worry I'll sort you out with a haircut when I come over. I have 6 different styles (well one style 6 different lengths)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • One of my favorite memories of your wedding bruv is you shaving your own head just prior to.

    Joe, alas no: but I am thinking of putting up continually refreshing game stats.

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 11:47 AM  

  • I'll take it.

    By Blogger Joe, at 1:35 PM  

  • $30? They saw you coming!
    In New York it costs $27.

    By Blogger Mondale, at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home