As You Wished- Dan & Jessie's Baby Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Cheeky Request

What Dan looks like before he has his first tea of the morning


I have a specific humble request to address to the British contingent travelling from across the water; would it be at all possible to ask that each of you find a small space in your suitcases to bring over:

1) PG Tips
2) A medium sized jar of marmite (shop own brand is good, too)
3) A couple of Double Deckers for Jessie?

We can get everything but the Double Deckers here without too much fuss but PG and marmite cost the earth as they are "imports" (a la caviar, I suppose, judging by the price). I'm not one to adopt the ex-pat lifestyle, banging on about how you can't get real baked beans etc, but I do need proper tea and marmite in order to survive as a functioning human being.

I do so appreciate your taking the time and money to take care of me so.

One month to go..... yippeeee!

PS: Thank you ever so much to everyone who has sent a postcard, whether you are coming or not. It is going to make for a really cool souvenir as the years go by.

10 Comments:

  • look out for a surprise in the mail.

    By Blogger Mondale, at 11:16 AM  

  • No, no, no. I don't want any more pictures of your willy.

    Then again, if it is not that, have I just voided my surprise?

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 11:42 AM  

  • I want Flake bars. Flake bars that don't cost $2 a pop and are all stale from sitting around a warehouse someplace.

    By Blogger Bill Norris, at 12:00 PM  

  • Flake? Ick! How about a Turkish Delight?

    By Blogger country mouse, at 1:39 PM  

  • The flake is awesome. It's even better when it's jammed into that strange frozen thing the English call soft serve ice cream.

    By Blogger Bill Norris, at 11:14 PM  

  • Flake 99? No way. Whippie all the way... or should I say Red Sox whippie the Yankees?

    By Blogger country mouse, at 6:24 AM  

  • Lou, I wanna whippie.

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 6:52 AM  

  • You have to burn all your games and books first.

    By Blogger country mouse, at 7:04 AM  

  • I would like to request:
    1)pints of Newcastle
    2)chocolate frogs
    3)a really cute tea cozy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

  • make mine a crunchi bar! even better, a mint crunchie bar!

    By Blogger youthlarge, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home