As You Wished- Dan & Jessie's Baby Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Groom's Shoes?

OK gang; opinions needed:


Tooled, or untooled? Bear in mind I'll be wearing knee high off-white socks and something that looks a lot like this (different tartan but same jacket and almost the same sporran):

And no, I will not accept any suggestions that I wear ghillie brogues:


I'm a groom, not a dancing instructor.

I'm looking for something that is smart but not ridiculously dainty (nothing looks dumber on size 13 feet); a pair of shoes that will hold a shine and hold up to the rigours of country living. What I really want is something like these:
Unfortunately these comfortable, hard-wearing looking things are from a British Army surplus website I stumbled across while googling "heavy brogues" so I don't think I can readily lay my hands on a pair over here.

2 Comments:

  • Top would look better with a Kilt.

    By Blogger Joe, at 9:09 AM  

  • I like to top ones too. But tevas would add an interesting New World country living twist.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home