As You Wished- Dan & Jessie's Baby Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2 Doors Down

My very closest girlfriends, some of them I've know since the 1st grade, got together last Saturday night to send me off into a life of marriage with style.
I love Dolly Parton and a group of us were fortunate enough to see her perform last summer in Portland. It was so incredible and I laughed through the entire thing because I couldn't believe that I was actually seeing Dolly Parton. It was one of the highlights of my life for sure - top 20 at least. That being said it wasn't a huge surprise when I arrived for the party and found it was a Dollywood/tacky country western theme. I was immediately ushered upstairs and presented a very "lovely" Dolly-esque outfit to wear, wig included. (Since I was taking pictures I don't have any of myself in the get-up so you'll just have to imagine how beautiful I looked.)


The hostesses did an amazing job arranging every last detail. From the boot shaped mugs to the carefully cut out "machos" for the traditional game of "Pin the Macho on the Man" they thought of it all. ("Macho" is a great euphemism - especially for this family style blog.)



We met up with the men once we waded through the rum punch, the food, all the macho shaped hilarity and made it to the bar.


If you were there and don't see yourself in these pictures please note that most of my photos from the evening were a little inappropriate. No strippers or anything like that (gross!) but you get the point!


I wonder if we were the only people in all Bar Harbor that actually danced at karoke? Regardless we did manage to sing every Dolly Parton song in the book. Except for the best one "9 to 5" which the guy claimed he didn't have. Weak!




Dan and I made it home by 3 a.m. I can't remember the last time I was up that late and having fun. It was a great night. Most of my girlfriends have kids now and nights like this just don't happen anymore and in almost every way that is a very good thing! But it was wonderful to all be together, celebrating together... drinking and laughing and having a party!

2 Comments:

  • Umm, I know I'm supposed to be in doctor school and all but I could not quite figure out the anatomy in the third picture from the bottom.

    PS: Got our "hotel" reservations at The Rockhurst. Just two blocks from downtown and wicked reasonable rates. Wonder why?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

  • Be sure to put a sign on your door directing the Hancock County Sherrif's Dept and the Maine DEA to another room when they do one of their periodic raids.

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home