As You Wished- Dan & Jessie's Baby Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

3,2,1...You're Back In The Room


Jessie and I are attending a hypnobirthing class as a way of exploring natural pain management for the arrival of Scout. I was a little dubious then the teacher explained it was essentially the same technique marathon runners use to push themselves 24 miles. Birth as sport- I wonder if it is on ESPN 2?

We both like the approach and we are trying really hard to master the techniques. Unfortunately, as anyone who knows either of us can tell you, we have a hard time taking anything seriously. Get us together and its all over bar the giggling.

Keep your fingers crossed that we muster up sufficient seriousness to be able to try to put each other in a state of deep relaxation using just our voices as we practice...

3 Comments:

  • Humor can be a good way to find your way through birth as well.

    By Blogger resident mama, at 12:36 PM  

  • I'm already shopping for Groucho glasses to slap on Scout before she's handed to Jessie.

    By Blogger Wisdom Weasel, at 1:25 PM  

  • We tried this (and we have spoken about it in an uncensored way).
    I will say this.

    DO THOSE EXCERCISES AND DO THEM OFTEN. They really can work.

    You can visualise yourself out of uncomfortable situations such as needing to go to the bathroom but being unable to go right there and then, simply visualise yourself going to the bathroom at a later time. "I will go to the loo at ten past two". It works, I've done it.

    It can also be useful in other parts of life. I used to visulaise myself "sprint'on down Clinton". This would help me get to the end of a gruelling runn (which would be the final leg of Clinton Street).

    By Blogger Mondale, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home